Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Marcus

Marcus turned 12 on November 8th. Oh how this little boy changed my life. I never knew I was capable of such love until I held him in my arms for the first time. Marcus was a really hard baby and was very attached to me. I think he spent the first 3 years of his life in my arms. Thankfully he outgrew that and became quite independent. Marcus has always been a smarty. He retains everything he reads and loves to talk about all the latest things he's learned. Anytime you sit next to him for any length of time he'll talk your ear off. I love that he feels comfortable talking to other adults. Marcus is a thoughtful person. Since he was about 5 he's been making me "spoil kits". He would tell me "mom, you go lay down and I'll be right back." He would put turkey, cheese, and a green olive on a toothpick and bring them to me on a tray and then rub my back. He still does little things like this and asks me how my day was. Marcus is quite the ladies man these days. I find notes in his jeans regularly, but the cool thing is he tells me about it and he just laughs it off like its no big deal. I'm really enjoying watching him grow into such a fine young man, but feel a little tug at my heart knowing he'll be gone before I know it. I love you so much Marcus. Thank you for bringing such joy to my life. You better never be too old or cool to sit on my lap and tell me you love me. :) Six months old

8 comments:

Mama Nirvana said...

What a sweet boy you have, Heidi! You know I loved all of the pictures.

Amy

amanda said...

Happy bday from the Branns! How time does fly-I was thinking on Sunday that I only have 7 years left with Kyle at home and that seems like so little! He is a cutie! I love the picture of you guys now. What a beautiful family! Hope all is well

kg said...

I remember visiting you right after he was born! I love how you have so many pictures from the years. He's a beautiful boy; just like his mom!

Heidi C. said...

Oh my, how time flies. I love all those pictures of Marcus. It has been fun to see him grow up through out the years. I always knew Marcus would be a ladies man. He is such a cute boy with an awesome personality. I am looking forward to seeing you and the kids in a couple of weeks.

Julie said...

What a sweet guy! Did you know my youngest was born on November 8th? That would be exactly 10 years difference. I loved the pictures of him and the things you wrote about. It helps me to picture his personality better. My oldest was also pretty attached to me as a youngster. But I must admit, I was pretty attatched to him! I totally understand how you feel about not having them around too much longer. They grow up so fast!

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Marcus! Wow it is hard to believe he is 12!! Heidi you gave such a sweet tribute to him and I love the pictures. Yes I agree, Marcus is one special Young Man! Love you all!

AndreaF said...

Happy (Belated) Birthday Sweet Marcus!! Last month Marcus was at my house and I was so nauseated from pregnancy and was laying helplessly on the couch. Marcus was so concerned and said "Is there anything I can get for you?" So he brought me a Sprite. That's the kind of kid he is. Very thoughtful. I really enjoy my sweet nephew. He has always made me happy.

Kimmy said...

Cant believe he's one yr away from a teenager!! what a good looking boy.