Monday, September 29, 2008

They're Here...FINALLY

About a year ago my parents were visiting my sister and I in Texas and they said "hey, if we move to the Austin area would any of you kids move there too?" There were a lot of glitches along the way, but I eventually made it here and now my parents have as well. They rolled in with the biggest Uhaul you can rent with one car in tow and my Mom driving the truck with another trailer hitched to it. I think it's time to declutter Mom and Dad. :) Needless to say, they made it safely and it was my Dads birthday on top of it. I was on the phone with Andrea and told her that I was making a birthday dinner for Dad and she said I'm gonna go home and throw a bag together and come down to celebrate. It's a 3 hour drive from Dallas. It was fun to surprise them with Andrea and the kids. We had chicken enchiladas, rice, beans, and salad. Then my dads favorite cake. Homemade yellow cake with whipped cream and bananas. It was so nice to see all the kids eating up Grandma and Papas attention and loving every minute of it. I'm so glad they made it and look forward to many more fun days like that. I love you Mom and Dad.Mom and Dad with some of the GrandkidsAndrea, Dad, and I Mom and Dad

14 comments:

Jayna said...

Happy Birthday to your Dad! I'm sure they are lovin seeing the grandkids more often.

Kate said...

How exciting for you! I am sure that you are loving having them in Austin finally. I need to come over real soon to do the hand and foot impression of Brady...we move on the 17th of October! I'll call you tomororw :)

amanda said...

hey-you and the fam look soooo happy! I'm glad they made it! I'll talk to ya soon!

Anonymous said...

im happy for you. This is what you always wanted. good luck

Shyla said...

Happy Birthday Uncle Rudy! I am so glad that they are down there living by you now. They were so excited to go. But it will be sad to not see them around anymore.

Heidi C. said...

I am glad they made it to Austin safely. We sure did enjoy our visit with them when they were passing through Colorado. I look forward to seeing everyone at Thanksgiving. I'm glad Dad got to celebrate his birthday despite moving.

Bree said...

Happy Birthday Uncle Rudy! I am glad they made it safe and sound and that you all will be living close to each other! that is awesome!

Julie said...

How fun for you! It's good to see your parents again through your pictures. All of the grandkids are beautiful (and handsome). Keep smiling!

emily a. said...

I loved seeing your parents- they look so great and still so young!

Kimmy said...

So glad their there with you girls. I Can't believe their not here anymore. Tell Uncle Rudy Happy Birthday!

Ditto Family said...

I foresee many fun grandparent/grandkid parties in the future!

Laura said...

What a fun birthday for your Dad! I know that meant alot to him. I'm so happy for you girls and your kids to have your folks there with you in Texas. We will really miss them here!! I look forward to seeing you in a week or so. :-)

Mama Nirvana said...

I love these pictures!

I'm glad they are finally there and you can enjoy them.

Amy

Meta said...

your dad looks tired! so glad they arrived safely and happy for your to have more family close by. andrea's next right?