Thursday, December 18, 2008

My Truths

1. I know I love my kids. They bring me joy I didn’t know was humanly possible.
2. I know I love and adore my boyfriend. He is an unexpected gift.
3. I know I love my family. Mom, Dad, Wendy, Heather, Jared, Andrea, Sam, and Eli.
4. I know I love my extended family. I’ve had some of the best times with them.
5. I know I miss my Grandma Clavin a lot during the holidays. I loved talking with her about my Christmas menu.
6. I know my favorite color is blue.
7. I know there is something bigger than me in this life.
8. I know I love to cook.
9. I know I love to eat.
10. I know I have a sweet tooth.
11. I know I love to watch someone eat something I made for them.
12. I know I wish I could sing like a rock star.
13. I know I’m a perfectionist and it holds me back sometimes.
14. I know I love to kiss.
15. I know I’ve made mistakes.
16. I know that I’m sorry for them.
17. I know I love bubble baths.
18. I know I love sun dresses.
19. I know I feel frustrated when people tell me they pray for me to “come back”. I’d rather they just tell me they prayed for me because they love me. We all need extra prayers.
20. I know the grass is not always greener on the other side.
21. I know I have been blessed with the most amazing friends both near and far.
22. I know I’m happiest when all my bills are paid on time.
23. I know I find comfort in having all the ingredients to make chocolate chip cookies in my pantry.
24. I know I love diet coke with fresh lime and crushed ice from Sonic.
25. I know I still have a lot to learn.
26. I know I’m 33 and see a great future for myself.
27. I know I love to dance and wish I was really good at it.
28. I know I love music and it makes me tear up a lot.
29. I know that the dishes are my favorite chore.
30. I know that I love to hear from old friends.
31. I know that I’m a spiritual person.
32. I know that I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.
33. I know I’m a nice person by nature.
34. I know I’m too sensitive.
35. I know I’m a dreamer.
36. I know I love to run in the rain.
37. I know I love babies.
38. I know I love to sew. Not cutting it out, just the actual sewing part.
39. I know I’m hopelessly flawed.
40. I know I wish I was practically perfect in every way.

14 comments:

Mama Nirvana said...

Are you kidding, Heidi? You know you totally sing like a rockstar!!!

Reading this made me miss you. I especially loved your truth about watching someone eat what you made -- it's the best feeling. Unless it's something that turned out bad and kind of gross.

Love you,
Amy

PS: I'm praying for you. Just because.

Mark said...

I love your Grandma Clavin too. What a sweetie! Montana is extremely cold right now, but it was always warm at Grandma Clavin's house. :)

Robin said...

I know I am blessed having you for my niece and I know I love you with all my heart!

kg said...

I think we all wish we were like Mary Poppins :) Enjoyed reading this...you have lots of loves!

Kate said...

Heidi-I know that you are a great person and this was a great post. I hope that you have a fabulous Christmas!!

Shyla said...

I love that post! I know one thing, we all know you like to kiss!! j/k You are a great person and I am lucky to have you as a cousin. Merry Christmas!

Andrea Fowles said...

What an interesting, fun-loving sister I have. You are such a special person and I really feel blessed to have you for my sister. I learn so much from you. You are doing great Heidi- just keep on goin'!! Love you. Can't wait to live by you in less than a month!!

Ditto Family said...

What a fun way to learn a little more about my good friend!

amanda said...

Merry Christmas my dear friend! I loved reading this post because it shows the peace I saw in you this summer! I hope to see you again soon and please call sometime-I love you tons and just pray that you have all that you need and want! (don't we all :))

Anonymous said...

This may sound blasphemous, but don't you wish you could go back and have a drink with Grandma Clavin?

Kimmy said...

I know you have a great smile and a tender heart. Miss ya Heidi.

KimiK said...

I know that you are FABULOUS! :D I love you for who you are, a wonderfully beautiful tender hearted chocolate chip cookie loving sweetheart of a friend that I am so blessed to have reconnected with! One of the highlights of my 2008! Love you girl!

Julie said...

What a sweetie! I can just see you twirling in a cute sun dress, a chocolate chip cookie in one hand. Just remember, dreamers breath life into the soul of others. Keep on dancing, singing, dreaming Heidi!

Marisa said...

Ahhh Heidi...

I know I love you!
I know that I wish you still lived next door so that you would share #23 with me.
I know that #24 reminds me that we're kindred spirits and reminds me that it's Happy Hour right now so I'll keep this short.
I know that #33 is true.