Sunday, August 17, 2008

Crazy Week

Guess how many kids I have this week?...8! I get to have my sweet nieces and nephews for six days while my sister and her hubby are off to the Bahamas. We're watching the news hoping tropical Storm Fay will cooperate for them. I spent last week getting prepared with snacks, juice boxes, an easy menu, and different activities we can do throughout the week. It's the kids last week of summer so we're going to live it up as much as Aunt Heidi can handle on her own. Wish me luck! :) I wonder if Andrea will have baby number 5 in stow after their cruise? HA HA!
My Mom and Dad are off on a cruise to Alaska with my Dads side of the family. It's a long awaited trip and much deserved as they've had a stressful summer. It took two months for their house to close in Utah, but it finally did and they're officially in the works to move to Texas. I can't wait for Grandma and Papa to get here. I know my kids are super excited too.
As I mentioned before we have the last week of summer. WOO HOO! I'm very ready for my darling children to go back to school. I still need to get their school supplies. That's the worst part of going back to school. Marcus will be in 6th grade, Rachel in 4th, and my little Annie bug in Kindergarten. I think Christian will miss them when they head back.
One of my best friends is flying in from Reno over Labor Day. I'm trying to find fun things to do with her while she visits. I can't wait for her to come.
Life is pretty good. Wish me luck with all these kiddos! Does anyone want to go on a cruise with me? I'm totally willing to go with you. :)

15 comments:

Shyla said...

Are you NUTS!! You are such a great sister to do that for Andrea. I think you will need a cruise after this week! Have fun. We will be thinking of you.

Shyla said...

Are you NUTS!! You are such a great sister to do that for Andrea. I think you will need a cruise after this week! Have fun. We will be thinking of you.

Shyla said...

woops ignore the second one I don't know what happened.

kg said...

Wow what a NICE sister and Aunt you are!! Good luck!!! You'll deserve a day at the sap upon their return ;)

kg said...

Oops, I meant "SPA" ....can't type!

Bree said...

Sounds like FUN! I am sure you will survive, or we will get an email alert saying that they tied you to a chair ;) haha Whats with these cruises? Lucky peeps! I will go on one with you!

Heidi C. said...

What a nice Auntie you are Heidi. I bet the kids will all have a blast together.

Jayna said...

Sounds like fun! So when do you want to take my kids for a week? Sign me up for the cruise, have always wanted to go.

Kimmy said...

WOW you'll need a vacation when you done! I'll go with you. I'll we'll leave our kids with Andrea haha!!

Heidi said...

Don't you think it would be fun if all us girl cousins went together!

imacootie said...

Wow, you've got a houseful!! Sounds like fun! By the way you've been tagged! http://imacootie.blogspot.com/

Toni Moffitt said...

YOU ROCK! I am sure hanging out with you for a week will be smoe of the best summer memories those kids have! You are an awesome sister and friend! XOXO!

Ditto Family said...

Ditto to everyone else's comments--

YOU ROCK
YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUNTI
YOU'LL NEED A VACATION

GOOD LUCK!!! I'm exhausted thinking about it all--

imacootie said...

OOOOH, a cousin cruise sounds GREAT!! Let's do it!! I'm in!

Elyse said...

You are AMAZING!! I bet those kids will have the time of there lives and never forget this summer => I say SPA all the WAY!